UAB Financial Affairs
University of Alabama at Birmingham
701 20th Street South
921 Administration Building
Birmingham, AL 35294
Contracts & Vendor Compliance
/ Contract Quick Tips
Contract Quick Tips
When you are submitting a contract for review, please ensure the following items are included to route your agreement in a timely manner:
- The contract approval process takes five to ten business days, once the agreement is received by the UAB Contracts & Vendor Compliance Office.
- Total anticipated amount of the agreement.
- Indicate the anticipated payment disbursement dates. For example, invoices will be paid weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually, or upon completion of task(s). Total compensation of $10,000.00, or more must be paid in multiple installments.
- Compensation should not be paid in full prior to services rendered, at least 10% should be held until the day of the event/services rendered or upon invoice after completion of services.
- Agreement should be updated every five years. If you are trying to amend an agreement more than five years old, please route a new agreement with the exception of Affiliation agreements for clinical education, internships, etc.
- When amending a previous agreement please include the document number assigned to the original agreement.
- If you are submitting an updated Business Associate Agreement (BAA), please provide the document number associated with the original agreement.
- If the outside party is an individual, please include an approved Personal Services Form (PSF) with the agreement. Having the PSF approved prior to submitting your contract expedites the routing process. The departmental routing form should be completed with the appropriate departmental approvals prior to being submitted to UAB Contracts & Vendor Compliance.