UAB Financial Affairs
University of Alabama at Birmingham
701 20th Street South
921 Administration Building
Birmingham, AL 35294
purchasing / University Purchasing
- Book Orders
- Book purchases should be sent to Stern Library for sourcing prior to sending a PO request in Oracle
- Hurricane Florence
- Although Hurricane Florence may not have a direct impact to the UAB campus, it is very possible that our vendor community and their supply chains may be affected. Please be advised that University Purchasing is available to assist with any sourcing challenges you or your team may experience as a result of the storm. Please share this message with your staff as appropriate and contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the purchasing department directly at 205-934-4515.
- Copy Paper Announcement:
Effective August 10, 2018, orders for standard copy paper should be placed via iProcurement to Staples Advantage. By ordering through Staples, end users will get office supplies and paper delivered right to your desktop – the previous ordering practice of ordering multiple cases to permit delivery lead time by the UAB Warehouse is no longer necessary. Order what you need by 3pm and it will be delivered the next business day. Contact University Purchasing at email@example.com or 205-934-4515 if assistance is required.
- In-State Travel Per Diem Change Effective July 1, 2018
- Relocation Allowance Update:
- NOTICE: Fraudulent purchase order attempts are being made in the name of The University of Alabama at Birmingham. If you have received a quote inquiry from an email address ending in anything other than ".edu" this is likely a fraudulent attempt to obtain goods. While the University can not prevent this illegal activity, we are actively working with law enforcement to investigate these fraudulent attempts.
University Purchasing is responsible for establishing and awarding UAB purchase contracts. The staff of buyers and contract managers supports the institution in the contracting and acquisition of supplies, services and equipment exceeding the requirements set by the State of Alabama Bid Law and UAB policy. The staff assists departments in applying procurement policy and procedures, establishing pricing, negotiating terms and conditions on contracts, agreements, leases, rentals, etc. for high-dollar purchases. University Purchasing services include: