The Equipment Accounting Department serves the UAB community by providing accurate capitalization of assets and the management of the capital equipment inventory in conformance with external and internal requirements. The Equipment Acounting Department maintains the official UAB property records for all capital equpment items.
In addition, Equipment accounting performs the following:
- Creates a unique inventory record and places a UAB bar tag on new equipment as it is acquired by purchase, donation, fabrication, or transfer
- Processes equipment transfer information to record current equipment location and/or disposition
- Assist department with data support for equiment inquiries and periodic equipment inventories
- Performs physical inventory of UAB capital equipment on a two year rotating schedule
- Performs special inventories upon request
- Provides depreciation reports to Service Centers