UAB Financial Affairs
University of Alabama at Birmingham
701 20th Street South
921 Administration Building
Birmingham, AL 35294
Contracts & Vendor Compliance
/ Contract Thresholds
The following guide should be used to assist in determining when a formal contract is required:
- Advertising/Advertisements- regardless of the amount a contract is required
- This does not apply to departments that report to Office Of VP Development, Alumni & Ext Relations
- Branding/Logo- Any services related to UAB branding/logo requires a contract regardless of the amount
- Consulting - Any agreement equal to or exceeding $2,500 annually
- Credit Applications - Any agreement to establish a new account or credit in the University's name
- Equipment - Any agreement equal to or in excess of $15,000 annually
- Equipment Loans
- Facility/Space rental- Any off campus facility/space rental requires a contract regardless of the amount
- Lease - Any agreement equal to or in excess of $15,000 over the life of the lease
- Maintenance Agreements - Any agreement equal to or in excess of $15,000 annually
- Non-Professional Services - Any agreement equal to or in excess of $15,000 annually
- Professional Services -Any agreement equal to or exceeding $2,500 annually
- A contract must be routed for services related to outdoor stage and/or sound equipment being setup on UAB property regardless of the amount.
- 2/12/2015 - An exception to the “exceeding $2,500 annually” is an intercollegiate athletic official/referee Individuals who officiate/referee at UAB athletic events. This does not include a score keeper or announcer. Also, this does not include a student life or intramural official/referee.
- Public Works - Title 39, Agreements processed in excess of $50,000
- Rental - Any agreement equal to or in excess of $15,000 annually
- Supplies- Any agreement equal to or in excess of $15,000 annually
- Travel- When reimbursing a third party, a contract is required
- Valet Services-regardless of the amount a contract is required
Note: Any agreement or quote provided by an outside party requiring/including any of the following must be routed through the University Contract office regardless of the dollar value.
- A Signature
- Terms and Conditions
- Pre-Payment, Deposit, or Down Payment
Professional Service examples include: Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, Architects, etc.
Non-Professional Service examples include: Lawn Care Services, Janitorial Services, Window Cleaning, etc.