Nine month faculty who teach courses during the summer months are paid via an ACT document through the Oracle Administrative System. The guidelines for issuing these payments are as follows:
ACT Document Reason - Nonrecurring Element
Effective Date - first day of the session
Element Entries - Summer Faculty
Entry Value - amount to be paid for each summer faculty element entered
Labor Sources - account that is to be charged for the element payment
Comment - include the course name(s) and number(s)
- The Nonrecurring Element document should be created under the existing nine month faculty assignment
- The effective date of the document should not be before the start of the summer term
- Multiple element entries may be submitted on the same document
- Payments may be distributed throughout the months of the session or paid in full following the end of the session
- FINAL payment may not be issued until the session has ended
- Labor source information must be included for all elements unless the summer pay is to be charged to the existing nine month assignment labor sources
For instructions on processing Nonrecurring Element ACT documents, please click here.
Questions regarding summer pay should be directed to the Office of Associate Provost for Student and Faculty Success.