Please see the New Employee Orientation policy in the You and UAB Handbook, section 1.1.
New employee orientation is funded by the University or Hospital dependent on the employee's primary organization affiliation. Employees and/or departments must submit the appropriate document (e.g. TEL or ACT) so that the cost is reflected correctly.
Biweekly (non-exempt) employees use the TEL document to submit new employee orientation hours. The element name is NEO. Click here for instructions on submitting elements via the TEL document.
Monthly (exempt) employees' new employee orientation attendance must be submitted via ACT. The processing instructions are as follows:
- Document Reason - Nonrecurring Element
- Effective Date - date employee attended new employee orientation
- Element Entries - NEO Monthly
- No entry value required. One day's pay will be charged to the University or Hospital account.
- No labor source information required.
Documentation for processing nonrecurring element ACT documents may be found here.